300/11 Clear Potting and Encapsulation Epoxy Resin – 2 Quart Kit$87.00
300/11 Clear Potting and Encapsulation Epoxy Resin – 2 Gallon Kit$233.00
300/11 Clear Potting and Encapsulation Epoxy Resin – 10 Gallon Kit$737.00
300/11 Black Potting and Encapsulation Epoxy Resin – 2 Quart Kit$87.00
300/11 Black Potting and Encapsulation Epoxy Resin – 2 Gallon Kit$233.00
300/11 Black Potting and Encapsulation Epoxy Resin – 10 Gallon Kit$737.00
75A Black Underwater Urethane Potting Compound – 2 Quart Kit$65.00
75A Black Underwater Urethane Potting Compound – 2 Gallon Kit$165.00
75A Black Underwater Urethane Potting Compound – 10 Gallon Kit$585.00
AM 150 Black Silicone Potting & Encapsulation RTV Rubber – 2 Quart Kit$135.00
AM 150 Black Silicone Potting & Encapsulation RTV Rubber – 2 Gallon Kit$455.00
AM 150 Black Silicone Potting & Encapsulation RTV Rubber – 10 Gallon Kit$1,895.00
Need advice on potting and encapsulating products? We can help!
Call us at 1-877-342-8860
Circuit Board Potting FAQs:
How do I use potting compounds for circuit boards?
Applying circuit board potting compound to a circuit board can be done in a few simple steps. When using AeroMarine Products’ Potting Compounds, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Gather all necessary equipment, including mixing cups, a metal or plastic stirring utensil, nitrile gloves, potting compound, breathing apparatus or respirator, and your circuit board.
- Step 2: Measure out by volume equal parts A and B into separate clean plastic containers and pour into a third mixing container. Stir with a metal or plastic stirring utensil.
- Step 3: Pour the mixed potting compound into a second mixing cup and mix again to ensure the chemicals are fully combined. (This step can be skipped when using the Urethane Potting Compound)
- Step 4: Slowly pour your potting compound into one corner of the mold or case of your circuit board. The product will spread on its own which will help prevent air bubbles.
- Step 5: Allow your circuit board potting compound to cure, typically 24 hours, although the cure time can be longer if only a small amount of material was used.
Why do I need potting compound for circuit boards?
There are many reasons why you should use a potting compound for circuit boards, including:
- Prevent failing: If you’re working in a high-volume production facility, potting can prevent substrates from getting damaged in harsh environments from vibrations and shock.
- Increased performance: Potting creates a shield over the circuit board, which improves electrical performance.
- Heat dissipation: For conductive electrical appliances, potting compound will allow heat to dissipate throughout the material.
- Vibration Reduction: If you have strong mechanical machines that can cause impact damage or abrasion, potting can dampen vibrations to keep your electrical components intact.
- Privacy: If you’re selling a product, you can use black potting compound to provide privacy and security to your circuit board or product to prevent reverse engineering.
Which material is best for circuit board potting?
It depends on what you are wanting to achieve with the potting material. The best material for circuit board potting that is the most difficult to remove and provides the hardest cover is epoxy. Epoxy resins insulate circuit boards to protect them from harsh environments, such as moisture, corrosive agents, and chemicals. Epoxy resin is also temperature resistant and offers great adhesion, so you can ensure your circuit board is completely protected. Using circuit board potting compounds, such as AeroMarine Products’ Epoxy Dielectric Potting Compound, will perfectly encapsulate electronic circuits to provide a dielectric barrier.
If you want the circuits to be resistant to shock and vibrations in great depths under water our Underwater Urethane Potting Compound is the most effective.
We offer FREE technical advice!
Call us at 1-877-342-8860
If you need help choosing the right potting and encapsulating products for your application or determining the right amount to get, we offer free technical advice for all products! Browse AeroMarine Products’ collection of offerings, including 2 part marine epoxy, food-grade RTV mold-making silicone, and silicone potting compounds.