Need advice on epoxy adhesive products? We can help!
Call us at 1-877-342-8860
Grey Epoxy Glue FAQs:
What is the best way to use the grey epoxy glue?
AeroMarine’s grey epoxy glue is extremely strong. You can use it with the aerosil mixed in to make a thickened slurry for wider cracks or chipped areas. You can also use just the epoxy resin and hardener mixed together for thinner cracks or if you need to bond smaller sections together.
How do I use the 3-part grey epoxy glue?
- Measure out equal parts of the 1150 resin and hardener into separate containers. Put the 1150 resin into a larger container than the hardener as that is where you will be mixing in the filler.
- Mix one part 1150 resin with double the amount of fumed silica for about 5-7 minutes until the aerosil is thoroughly incorporated.
- Add the 1150 hardener and stir for an additional 2 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to another plastic container and mix again for 2 minutes to ensure all the parts are thoroughly mixed.
- When applying the 3-part grey epoxy glue to concrete to your desired area, make sure it is clean of dirt, grime, oil, and other debris.
- Use a degreaser to remove tough grease and oil stains. We suggest using canned air to blow out any debris from the cracks.
- Once your area is clean and ready to go, you can begin pouring the epoxy slurry into the cracks or filling in the areas missing small sections of concrete.
- Use the same mixing instructions above but without adding the aerosil to make the thinner version for fine cracks.
How do I remove grey epoxy glue?
If the epoxy is still liquid use a dry cloth to wipe away as much as possible from the area or tool. You can clean off the remainder with a bleach free disinfecting wipe or some acetone and a new cloth.
We suggest using a pumice hand soap for washing off any epoxy that may have got on you despite your gloves.
For cured epoxy use paint stripper and a metal scrub brush or sand the area. These are the best ways to remove a small amount. You can also soak tools in denatured alcohol to remove cured epoxy. Use the correct PPE and work in a well-ventilated area when using solvents and cleaning materials.
We offer FREE technical advice!
Call us at 1-877-342-8860
If you need help choosing the right resin adhesive products for your application or determining the right amount of to get, we offer free technical advice for all products! Browse AeroMarine Products’ collection of offerings, including 2 part marine epoxy, food-grade RTV mold-making silicone, and silicone potting compounds.